Amperling is the Ghouled version of the Tazerling. It has dark blue skin with a yellow belly and neon green lightning bolt-shaped antennae. They have electric powers like the Tazerling, but, like most Ghouls, they are stronger and more dangerous than their normal counterpart. Amperlings can be defeated using an Tazerling's Quetzabolt attack.
Known owners of the Amperling mainly used by Dr. Blakk and his employees.
- Protoform Abilities - Small zap of electricity. Incredible strength, shone in a slugisode.
- Amperjolt - Zaps the opponent with darkly powerful electric arcs.
- Fry-fi - Targets gear and equipment, short circuiting blaster.
- Amperwing - Shoots a black lightning strike from its mouth, shocking the target.
- Slugzapper - Creates a black electric defense screen that shocks any slug that gets shot through it.
For a strategic ghoulslinger, the Amperling is a highly effective and powerful combat ghoul slug, just like its counterpart slug. It is unknown whether the Amperling can backfire and shock you after continuous use since no ghoulslinger is ever seen to use an Amperling multiple times.
Amperjolt is suitable in targeting opponents that are faraway. Amperwing is similar to its counterpart Tazerwing, but likely to cause more damage. Fry-fi is similar to its counterpart Circuit Burst but could damage a gear and/or equipment in a more severe condition. Slugzapper, similar to its counterpart Slugshield, is the Amperling's only defense move and it is very restricted to it to be used.
Its weakness is that none of the attacks are physically destructive. Other ranged and defensive slugs with more experience like Geoshards and AquaBeeks can defeat it.
- The Trade (First appearance)
- What Lies Beneath
- Mission: Improbable
- Keys to the Kingdom
- Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond
- Slugterra: Eastern Caverns
- Second Chances
- Stuff of Legend
- The Emperor Strikes Back
- Slugterra: Into the Shadows