- Protoform Abilities - By touching the two anteni (Plural for antenae) on its head, it can remotely detonates mines it has deployed.
- Mineblaster - Releases multiple mines, which it can then detonate remotely once back in protoform.
- Bandoleer of Brothers (First appearance)
- Dark as Night
- Light as Day
- Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond
- Slugterra: Return of the Elementals
- Slugterra: Eastern Caverns
- The Lady and the Sword
- Slugterra: Into the Shadows
The Blastipede is a one-man artillery gun. It is a purely strategic slug, but if something needs to be blown up, this is the slug to do it. Its use is to drop mines or bombs over a battlefield or target; usually a large building or an enemy base would be the target. If it can deploy its mines successfully, the slinger now has the target in the palm of his hand. At any point, the entire facility can be destroyed.
Past this one (very impressive) use, the Blastipede is minimally useful. It has no direct offensive capabilities, and directly defensive it is limited to making a minefield, which the much more common Hop Rock can also do.
- The blue dots at the back of a Blastipede slug are tiny mines as shown in "Rookie In: Somebody's Watching Me", when Rookie takes a tiny mine from his back and throws it into a cupcake for Trixie.