Ghoul Slugs (aka Ghouls & Goons) were Slugs that have been corrupted by one of the various forms of "ghouling" using Dark Energy. Ghoul Slugs can be turned back into regular Slugs by healer Slugs or The Lightwell. Dr. Blakk uses a small machine that gases a Slug and then transforms it. Some Slugslingers prefer Ghouls over Slugs because they are more powerful than standard Slugs, even though Ghouls are hard to control and prone to running away once fired from a blaster.
While Ghouls are stronger than regular Slugs, it has been seen that a highly trained Slug can defeat them. This indicates that Ghouls are not automatically stronger than Slugs, as seen in "The Trade", where Blakk offers to give Eli his Slug back in a stronger state. Overall, the strength of a Ghoul is dependent on the overall strength of the Slug's original power. A Ghoul can probably get stronger through training like normal Slugs, though this is unconfirmed.
When Ghoul are shot out of a blaster, they tend to run off and form wild packs but this does not seem to line up with the show where C.C. is seen calling his scattered Ghouls back by a whistling. It is possible that the Ghouling process makes Slugs less likely to listen to their Slinger, requiring a stronger bond in order to control them.
It has been seen that the creation of Ghouls can cause devastating effects on Slugs. One such case would be Burpy in the episode "Lightwell", whose power was quickly being drained by the dark energy of Ghouls making him very sick and unable to transform when shot out of a blaster, forcing him to visit the Lightwell.
List of Ghoul Slugs
There are 26 different kinds of Ghoul Slugs so far in the show:
- Note:Some names are unofficial: (UN)
- Note:Some Ghouls are never seen in the show: (NS)
- Dark Urchin
- Flatulo Rex
- Goon Doc
- Hop Jack
- Sand Mangler-(NS)
- All Ghoul Slugs are Dark Shadow elements.
- When a Boon Doc unghouls a Goon Doc it cause severe sickness, instead of healing, and possibly even kill.
- Ghouls tend to have longer arms than regular Slugs.
- Ghouls all have sharper and longer teeth then their normal slug counterparts.
- Ghouls were similar to Dark Spectrobes from Spectrobes and Dark Invizimals from Invizimals.
- Dark Invisimals normally are like other Invisimal's requiring them to be corrupted, like Ghouls, except that the Dark Invisimals are already in a "Darker" form before being corrupted.
- In The Fall of the Eastern Champion, Junjie introduces other word for "Ghouls" and calls them "Goons", which was probably why they called The Goon, The Goon.
|Main series||Slugterra (Episodes · Movies)|
|Movies||Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond · Slugterra: Return of the Elementals · Slugterra: Slug Fu Showdown · Slugterra: Eastern Caverns · Slugterra: The Emperor's Revenge · Slugterra: Into the Shadows|
|SlugTerra||Slugs (Elementals · Guardians · Ghouls · Megamorphs) (Aura) (Famous Slug) · SlugSlingers (Gangs)|
|Species||Shadow Clan · Darkbane · Cave Trolls · Molenoids · Octoad · Humans · Elves|
|Blasters||Accelerators · Double Barrel Blaster · Wrist Blasters|
|Games||Slug It Out! · Battle For Slugterra · Secret of the Shadow Mines · Slug Run · SlugSlinger Duel · Dark Waters · Slug Life · Slug Wars · Guardian Force|
|Others||The 99 Caverns · Shane Hideout · Mecha-Beasts · The Eastern Caverns|
|Pages||Facebook · Youtube|