Ghoul Slugs were Slugs that had been corrupted by either using Dark Water or a Goon Doc. Ghoul Slugs can be turned back into regular Slugs by healer Slugs or The Lightwell. Dr. Blakk uses a small machine that gases a Slug and then transforms it. Some SlugSlingers prefer Ghouls over Slugs because they are more powerful than standard Slugs, even though Ghouls are hard to control and prone to running away once fired from a blaster.
While Ghouls are stronger than regular Slugs, it has been seen that a highly trained Slug can defeat them. This indicates that Ghouls are not automatically stronger than Slugs, as seen in "The Trade", where Blakk offers to give Eli his Slug back in a stronger state. Overall, the strength of a Ghoul is dependent on the overall strength of the Slug's original power. A Ghoul can probably get stronger through training like normal Slugs, though this is unconfirmed.
When Ghoul are shot out of a blaster, they tend to run off and form wild packs but this does not seem to line up with the show where C.C. is seen calling his scattered Ghouls back by a whistling. It is possible that the Ghouling process makes Slugs less likely to listen to their Slinger, requiring a stronger bond in order to control them.
It has been seen that the creation of Ghouls can cause devastating effects on Slugs. One such case would be Burpy in the episode "Lightwell", whose power was quickly being drained by the dark energy of Ghouls making him very sick and unable to transform when shot out of a blaster, forcing him to visit the Lightwell.
List of Ghoul Slugs
There are 26 different kinds of Ghoul Slugs so far in the show:
- Note:Some names are unofficial: (UN)
- Note:Some Ghouls are never seen in the show: (NS)
- Dark Urchin
- Flatulo Rex
- Goon Doc
- Hop Jack
- Sand Mangler-(NS)
- All Ghoul Slugs are Dark Shadow elementals and have a Rarity of Uncommon.
- Ghouled Healers cause severe sickness, instead of healing, except the "Goon Doc", which can kill.
- Ghouls tend to have longer arms than regular Slugs.
- Ghouls all have sharper and longer teeth then their normal slug counterparts.
- The kinds of slugs have never seen ghouled version in Protoform or Velocity.
- Ghouls were similar to Dark Spectrobes from Spectrobes and Dark Invizimals from Invizimals.
- Dark Invisimals normally are like other Invisimal's requiring them to be corrupted, like Ghouls, except that the Dark Invisimals are already in a "Darker" form before being corrupted.
- Hop Rocks are the only slugs seen being ghouled through the ghouling machine.
|Main series||Slugterra (Episodes · Movies)|
|Movies||Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond · Slugterra: Return of the Elementals · Slugterra: Slug Fu Showdown · Slugterra: Eastern Caverns|
|Slugterra||Slug (Elemental · Guardian · Ghoul) (Aura) (Famous Slug) (Mega Morph) · SlugSlingers (Gangs)|
|Species||Shadow Clan · Darkbane · Cave Trolls · Molenoids · Octoad · Human|
|Blasters||Accelerators · Fusion Blaster · Double Barrel (Fusion Shot)|
|Games||Slug It Out! · Battle For Slugterra · Secret of the Shadow Mines · Slug Run · SlugSlinger Duel|
|Others||The 99 Caverns · Shane Hideout · Mecha-Beasts|
|Pages||Facebook · Youtube|