The Infurnus is a fiery species of slug. Infurnus can survive falling into molten lava. These slugs are empowered with the element of fire. In its protoform it can create a small flame, good for light in dark spots, signal flares and lighting a campfire. Its preferred habitat is the Cinder Rapids. Eli Shane owns an Infurnus, whom he calls Burpy, which is one of his favourite slugs, the other two being Joules and Doc. When it hits 100 mph, it takes on the characteristics of a phoenix-dragon hybrid. The Infurnus slug's aura seems to be compatible with many other types of slug auras, this is shown when Burpy was able to do fusion shots with many different slugs
AppearanceAn Infurnus slug's appearance stands up to the name. They are dark orange in colour with yellow and tan colour markings. They have a small flame patterned belly which is coloured tan. They also have two antennae at the top of their heads, with yellow tips on them. Infurnus slugs have small two tipped flame on top of their heads, going down which is coloured yellow. In its protoform it looks like a flaringo, the only difference is the colour scheme. When it hits 100 mph, it takes on the characteristics of a phoenix dragon hybrid. When it transforms, it's tail and wings are on fire. In one image, Burpy's wings are turned into fists.
- Protoform Abilities - Small flame, good for light in dark spots, signal flares, lighting a camp fire.
- Flashfire - Shoots a small to medium fireball.
- Beatwave - Hits the ground surrounded by a giant fireball, knocking opponents back.
- Heatshield - Stops in mid-air, flame wings spread out and projects a protective wall of fire.
- Spikescorch - Extremely hot micro-comet projectile, good for piercing stone or steel.
- Flamespire - Spiral rings of fire surround an opponent.
- Novaclaw - Creates an exploding, fiery path.
- Wingburst - Stops in air with wings wide open and showers foe with fiery strafing.
- Novabolt: "Infurnus"+"Tazerling" - Forms an ionized plasma blast engulfed in flames.
- NitroBubble: "Infurnus"+"Bubbaleone" - Forms a flaming bubble it functions like a high speed hot air balloon which can go in any direction.
- InfernoSlam: "Infurnus"+"Rammstone" - Once launched, the Slugs will spin around each other, leading to a Rammstone with blazing horns.
- Supernova: "Infurnus"+"Phosphoro" - The slugs spin, and while the Phosphoro starts lighting up, the Infurnus boosts the light.
- MagmaStrike: "Infurnus"+"Armashelt" - The slugs launch a flaming boulder.
- A Tempesto can easily beat an Infurnus with an Revecto move.
- An Aquabeek can easily defeat an Infurnus with an Aquajet move due to it being a water element.
- It seems that Infurnuses can control their heat, as Eli Shane rode one without experiencing any pain, despite the Infurnus's wings were still burning.
- Infurnus is the first slug species to be seen as a Mega Morph.
- An Infurnus can be seen beside the Boon Doc in "The Slugout" when Billy is trying to use a Flaringo slug.
- In "A Distant Shore" Gar states that "Only one person has such a specimen!"
- This, of course, was before Ghoul From Beyond, where Joo-Joo made his first appearance.
- There is only one Infurnus for every "set of Caverns" wielded by the protector/champion of the "Caverns". Eli protects the 99 Caverns of Slugterra and Junjie protects the Eastern Caverns.
- There might be a total of 4 to 5 Infurnuses (Burpy, Joo-Joo, and 2 to 3 other unnamed ones). This is unofficial.