|Nickname(s)||Pronto the Magnificent|
|Favorite Slug(s)||Stinky, Lariats & Jellyishes|
|Favorite Blaster||Sharpslinger Lightningbolt XD|
|Favorite Mecha Beast||Fernando (FRND-O)|
|Voiced By||Lee Tockar|
|"The World Beneath Our Feet Part 1"|
|"Slugterra: Eastern Caverns"|
|“||EAT MY STANK!!!||”|
–- Pronto's Battle Cry
Pronto Geronimole is a "proud and knowledgeable" Molenoid tracker, as well as a master Slugslinger and adventurer, or at least that's what he thinks. He is the first to join the Shane Gang and is Eli Shane's first companion. Although silly and comedic, Pronto can sometimes save his team from uncertain doom.
Pronto is an extremely egotistic molenoid cares nothing more than fame, fortune, and a life of comfort. Despite these self-centered traits, Pronto is shown to be very caring to everyone on his team. He is funny and comedic as well as self-centered and is always around to cheer up the Shane Gang or make things worse. His egotistic and unique personality allows him to be the comic relief when things get rough.
The molenoid has an obsession with fame and fortune, seizing any opportunity to become so. He doesn't care about the well being of Slugs too much, unless it will get him the title of being a "righteous and humble" hero. Pronto has a tendency to make up tell-tales about his adventures. Although he is obsessed with being rich, Pronto is shown multiple times to be spending a sum amount of money to get things for comfort, even to the point when he spends the Shane Gang's money (as seen in Club Slug ). His irritable and annoying personality causes the him and the Shane Gang to go into more trouble than it's worth, often making them extremely cross with him. He enjoys eating bugs and eating in general, unlike the other members of the Shane Gang. Pronto has a tendency to be impatient and insensitive to other people. He doesn't like waiting and usually wants things to be done now and then. He has no problem insulting the person right in front of their face, as seen whenhe insults Eli, who was heavily vision impaired, being "utterly useless" in Endangered Species. He also has a slight obsession to be an adventurer, as long as he doesn't get hurt in the process. He dislikes boring work, as seen in Keys to the Kingdom , when he almost resigns from being King because the job was simply boring and that he wishes to continue fighting bad guys as opposed to being a King.
Although being extremely proud of his abilities as a molenoid, is shown to have a more loving and caring side. He cares a lot about the Shane Gang, even to the point of following orders from Burpy (shown in Mission: Improbable), a slug which he considers lower than him, to save them. As seen in Light as Day, he was distraught when he saw Eli fall into the portal to the DarkBane Dimensiona and was ecstatic when he found out that Eli wasn't going to leave Slugterra to go back to the surface Pronto always means well and tries to make up his mistakes with effort, but often makes matters worse. Despite so, the Shane Gang cares about him as well as he cares about them. He is very loyal to the Shane Gang and most of the time does what is asked of him.
Pronto is a shortest and stockiest of the group. Despite his small size, he has the ability to dig a hole underground, as he is a molenoid. He has light purple-pink skin with brown eyes. He has a protruding belly as well as small, but strong hind legs. Pronto's skin temporarily turned green during Dawn of the Slug .
On a daily basis, Pronto wears a blue and white striped shirt along with an orange bandanna around his neck. On his head there is a yellow helmet which possibly protects him when he is digging underground. He has sharp canine-like teeth as opposed to humans and a thin mustache. He wears black gloves and boots, along with a belt with the iconic Shane Gang Logo. He keeps his Slugs containers on his belt, and attaches his blaster on his back when not in action.
The molenoid wore a Slugball Uniform during the episode, Slugball and briefly wore a dress and high heels during the events of King of Sling. He is shown multiple times stealing Blakk's goon uniforms and wearing it for disguise.
History and Show
Pronto grew up in a fairly wealthy society in the land of the Molenoids. He was assumed to be a prince and became an heir to the throne when his parents or regent resigned the job of King for him. Eventually, the molenoid grew sick of the boring society he lived in and in one point in time, he left to become a rogue Slugslinger and "adventurer". He eventually wandered and found the Shane Hideout.
Meeting Eli Shane
Pronto was scavenging in Will Shane's house when Eli first finds him. After a rough meeting, Eli decides to recruit him as a tracker, making him the first member of the Shane Gang. Realizing he's a Shane , the molenoid decides to take Eli to a tournament qualifier to help him get an arsenal of Slugs. Upon realizing his friend has never Slugslinged before, he goes and finds Kord Zane to spar against. He also meets up with Trixie , who unbeknownst rescued Eli earlier when he wasn't looking. The four become steadfast friends and after Eli wins the rough battle in the qualifiers, they head off to the first round.
Taking Eli through the dangerous route as opposed to the road, much to Eli's dismay, they finally make it at the place of the tournament. Unlike Trixie and Kord, Pronto does not participate in the tournament and merely watches and cheers on Eli (although bragging that he had trained the new Shane). He accompanied Eli when he went to meet with Blakk and displayed horror when he saw the ghouled slug. Pronto then left to watch Eli in the Final Rounds. He was shocked to find Eli beaten by the same ghoul slug that he saw in Blakk's office.
After the tournament was over, Pronto was the first one to comfort Eli who was lamenting on the fact that he had to figure out how to be a Shane alone, along with Kord and Trixie. Together the newly formed Shane Gang rushed off to their first adventure together.
Skills and Abilities
As considered the most weakest in the group. He lacks the leadership from Eli, strength from Kord, and critical thinking from Trixie; however, he possesses a high skill of tracking as well underground excavation. He is moderately skilled in Slugslinging, although he has a habit if being impulsive when it comes to battling, often not thinking what might happen if he shoots a certain slug. Pronto doesn't normally think when it comes to battling, but he has a high skill in accuracy as seen with a sniper-like blaster. He doesn't normally miss what he's aiming at, no matter if he's riding on a Mecha-Beast or hiding somewhere high above. Pronto can take out enemies very creatively, usually in ways even Pronto himself didn't expect..
Lacking in strength, Pronto has expert digging skills. He is shown to dig up tunnels and holes in mere moments without help, sometimes with the help of digging Slugs. Being a molenoid, he has an enhanced sense of smell and sight as opposed to humans. He is able to notice things that the other member of the Shane Gang can't detect. He is the only known molenoid to lead people into the Cavern of Time as well as bring them safely out. Although boasting in the talent of tracking, Pronto truly has the talent to lead the Shane Gang out of serious and/or dangerous situations.
- His favorite Slugs are Flatulorhinkus. (named Stinky), Jellyish, and Lariat)
- The Sharpslinger Lightningbolt XD is his favorite Blaster
- FRND-0 is his favorite Mecha Beast, although he states that Fernando has too much "personality"
- It is revealed on Unbeatable Master that Pronto is great at the flute despite knowing only one song.
- He is the only known molenoid that can ride and temporarily tame a crystal worm.
- Pronto is a sleepwalker that can somehow get a sandwich in his sleep, the only thing that can wake him up from his sleepwalking is the word "treasure".
- He makes home cooked meals, mostly from insects. He rarely makes them with no insects as Trixie points out.
- In many episodes, it shows that he gets the Shane Gang lost and leads them into more trouble than it's worth.
- Pronto likes handbags and has says that he has an "excellent" taste in fashion
- Despite being on the same team, He and Burpy usually don't get along, although they come into neutral terms in Mission: Improbable
- His promo art (see top of page) shows him with a Tazerling and a Hoverbug in his slug tubes, as well as what might be a Boon Doc (middle blaster tube) and a Lavalynx (top blaster tube), despite the fact that Pronto does not have any of those slug types in his arsenal. He has a Tazerling as seen in Dark as Night.
- Pronto, as part of his character design, has no ears and Pronto mentions in Mecha Mutiny that his ears are located in his nose.
- His full name is "Pronto Geronimole" as shown in a Slugisode. This is probably a play on words on a children's book character, Geronimo Stilton. His last name "Geronimole" is also a parody of the name Geronimo.
- On his concept art page, his name is 'Pinto'. Also in Return of the Elementals, Will Shane called him this by mistake, he then replied he had an identical twin brother who went by that very name.
- Pronto's name actually means: "quickly".
- Pronto's irresponsible actions led Eli into mastering Slug Fu