Slugs are the magical creatures that are the main focus of SlugTerra, that transform into more powerful versions of themselves when they hit the speed of 100 miles per hour. There are currently 48 known breeds of Slugs that fall into 14 different elements. Each breed of Slug has its own unique powers. While many of those breeds are used for battling, some, like the Bubbaleone, can also be used for household chores. Younger children tend to keep Slugs as pets, often bonding more closely with their Slugs than Slugslingers do.
Due to their battle capabilities, Slingers often see their Slugs as a little more than ammo. No longer a childhood pet, many Slingers don't think twice about trading or selling their Slugs. In some SlugSlinging competitions, the prize for winning a duel is being allowed to take a Slug from the losing Slinger's arsenal. As a result, slugs have little choice in who their owner is, and can change hands frequently.
When these slugs are fired with the help of Blasters, they reach a speed of 100 miles per hour and transform into a stronger form called Velocimorph/Battle Form which can be highly destructive. Once they are fired, they can only be re-used if their Slingers are fast in picking them up and reloading, otherwise they will return to one's hideout if one is friendly to them. All Slugslingers have to expand their arsenal and for that they use certain techniques like only talking or using special slug collecting devices. Slugs need be fed regularly so that they remain healthy, and baby slugs need extra special care to help them mature.
If experienced enough, slugs can evolve into a more powerful form called Megamorph when they are shot at 200 miles per hour, else, it will get thrown off by the speed. By using an accelerator in the blaster, you can make a slug mega morph more easily. They are kept in special cylinder-shaped cases called slug containers. Blasters have three parts, the base, barrel and space for reloading in which slugs are fitted and then fired by fusing energy of slugs and blaster.
There are numerous ways for Slingers to gain a new Slug for their arsenal. The first way is to go out and catch a Slug in the wild. Wild Slugs can be found nearly everywhere in SlugTerra, although some Slugs are very rare and not every Slug can be found in every cavern. Some Slugs, like the Forgesmelter, are rare not only due to their lower population numbers in the wild, but due to the difficultly of navigating through the dangerous volcanic cavern they call home.
There are several ways to catch a Slug in the wild. The first is to use a Sonic Snare, a device that uses sound waves to temporarily stun and weaken a Slug, making it easier to catch. This method can be risky, especially when dealing with a large group of Slugs, because the Snare can cause a Slug to weaken to the point where it loses its grip and falls. If the Slug falls from high enough up, it will hit velocity and transform. While not a major problem with one Slug or even just a few, enough Slugs transforming at once can have a devastating effect as seen in The Slugout.
Safer methods, though admittedly ones with lower odds of success, include the use of Slug Spray, Slug Reels, Slug Paper and nets. The best way is to talk to slugs, as demonstrated in The World Beneath Our Feet Part 1 and The Slugout.
Slugs can also be bought and traded. In some places, Slugs are used as currency in place of Gold, with a Slug's experience determining its value. Some Slugs, due to either rarity or a high level of experience, can be very valuable.
Slugs are small, bipedal creatures that are often brightly coloured. Their colouration or markings often offer a hint as to a Slug breed's element, although this is not always the case.
Most Slugs can survive and breath underwater without the need to surface, although almost all species of Slug need Torpedo Shells in order to reach velocity underwater. Additionally, fire-type attacks don't work under water, making breeds such as the Infurnus highly vulnerable.
A Baby Slug is called a Sluglings/or just Fingerling.
A velocimorph is the Slug's form upon hitting 100 mph, transforming into a larger, more powerful creature. In almost all cases, the velocimorph bears a reasonable likeness to the Slug's protoform appearance. The Lavalynx is the most notable exception to this rule. Flopper Slugs are the only known Slugs to not transform upon reaching velocity.
Upon reaching 200mph, a Slug will obtain a mega velocimorph, which slightly changes the features of the individual Slug's protoform as well as their colour markings. While the changes to the Slug's protoform are permanent, the Slug maintains its breed's standard velocimorph whenever fired at 100mph, only returning to its Mega Morph form when fired at 200 mph or above. With the altered protoform, a Slug will glow when it reaches 100 mph without being fired, acting as a speedometer to let their Slinger know when enough speed has been achieved to reach Mega Morph form.
- Main article: Ghoul Slugs
Ghoul Slugs are created by using Dark Water to turn regular Slugs into Ghouls.
- Main article: Guardian Slug
Slugs that reach a certain level of power can become a special guardian slug.
- Main article: Elemental Slugs
The 5 Elementals are ancient slugs of great power, and said to be the forebearers of all slugs found in Slugterra today.
- Main article: Slug Energy
Slugs are combat-capable and many Slugs enjoy dueling or, at least, transforming at velocity. In ages past, in the time before blasters, Slugs used their environment in order to gain enough speed to transform. Occasionally, some Slugs still use their surroundings for their advantage in battle, especially when their Slinger is unable to get them to velocity, due to problems with his or her blaster or incapacitation.
Transforming at velocity, more so than actually battling, is how a Slug gains experience. For Slugs, experience comes in the way of increased Slug Energy. Since blasters are powered by Slug energy, more experienced Slugs make for more powerful shots. If a Slug gets too powerful, it's energy can overload a blaster's fusion core, damaging the blaster. Once a Slug gains experience, it never loses its increased levels of Slug energy, even if it goes a long time without reaching velocity.
As Slugs gain more experience, they also gain new abilities. Often, these powers are related to combat, but some breeds, like the Fandango, fill more supportive rolls. The most powerful of Slugs can become Guardian Slugs, a position that almost all Slugs wish to achieve.
- Main article: Slug Food
Slugs can eat almost anything, but too much "people food" isn't good for them. A Healthy Slug requires a balanced diet, which can be achieved by giving them slug food.
As seen in the Slugisode:Fun Facts About Slugs, it shows that slugs are usually quite friendly to other slugs, regardless of species, sleep early, and have well table manners.
Slugs, through dark science, can be corrupted and are turned into monstrous beasts called Ghoul Slugs. They are only distributed by Dr. Blakk. These slugs are unpredictable, somewhat unstable, vicious, and mischivous.
- Main article: RoboSlug
Artificial Slugs can also be built, able to hold a database of all Slug (excluding the rare Enigmo Slug) powers and counter them in battle.
List of Slugs
- Boon Doc
- Dirt Urchin
- Hop Rock
- Sand Angler
- Amperling-ghouled Tazerling
- Aquafreak-ghouled AquaBeek
- Attacknet-ghouled Arachnet
- Barreto-ghouled Polero
- Briardrill-ghouled Vinedrill
- Bubbalash-ghouled Bubbaleone
- Cryptogrif-ghouled Hypnogrif
- Dark Urchin-ghouled Dirt Urchin
- Darkfurnus-ghouled Infurnus
- Flatulo Rex-ghouled Flatulorhinkus
- Frostfang-ghouled Frostcrawler
- Goon Doc-ghouled Boon Doc
- Greneater-ghouled Grenuke
- Grimmstone-ghouled Rammstone
- Harmashelt-ghouled Armashelt
- Hop Jack-ghouled Hop Rock
- Hoverblade-ghouled Hoverbug
- Jollyfist-ghouled Jellyish
- Negablade-ghouled Negashade
- Neurotox-ghouled Neotox
- Nightgeist-ghouled Frightgeist
- Photomo-ghouled Phosphoro
- Pyringo-ghouled Flaringo
- Sand Mangler-ghouled Sand Angler
- Smugglet-ghouled Thugglet
- Tempesto-ghouled Tormato
- Terrarix-ghouled Diggrix
- Thrasher-ghouled Thresher
- Vamparo-ghouled Fandango
- Vexlet-ghouled Hexlet
- Roboslug (A mechanical slug that can perform/reverse most slug manoeuvres)
- Ancient Slug
- Dustpuff (Mentioned only)
- Elemental Slugs (They still hold many secrets)
- Fingerling (not much is known)
- Mimkey (It's unknown if this is even a slug species)
- Toxis (Unknown if this is a slug or a category for toxic slugs)
- Universal Slug (Mentioned only)
- Main article: Element
The hundreds of Slugs in SlugTerra are known to come in elemental types.
The currently known elements:
- Fire- Infurnus, Flaringo, Forgesmelter, Hop Rock, Grenuke, Firenzar, Blastipede
- Water- AquaBeek, MakoBreaker, Bubbaleone, Jellyish, Lariat
- Earth- Geoshard, Lavalynx, Sand Angler, Crystalyd, Arachnet, Rammstone, Diggrix, Dustpuff
- Metal- Slicksilver, Polero, Armashelt, Speedstinger, Thresher, Roboslug
- Plant- Vinedrill, Dirt Urchin, Neotox
- Toxic- Flatulorhinkus, Toxis
- Electricity- Tazerling, Xmitter
- Light- Boon Doc, Fandango, Phosphoro, Enigmo, Midas
- Ice- Frostcrawler, Narwhaddle
- Psychic- Thugglet, Negashade, Mimkey, Hypnogrif, Frightgeist, Hexlet
- Air- Tormato, Hoverbug, Slyren, Gazzer
- Dark Shadow- All Ghouls
- Other- Flopper, Fingerling
- Some slugs have shown the level of intelligence needed to learn how to drive a Mecha.
- Slugs live in flocks.
- Though some have been shown to be solitary.
- Slugs are one species, but consist of many different breeds.
- Sometimes slugs will band together to protect another slug, even if they are not from the same breed.
- Slugs can live for thousands of years. One notable slug is Joo-Joo who is 2020 years old.
|Main series||Slugterra (Episodes · Movies)|
|Movies||Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond · Slugterra: Return of the Elementals · Slugterra: Slug Fu Showdown · Slugterra: Eastern Caverns · Slugterra: The Emperor's Revenge · Slugterra: Into the Shadows|
|Slugterra||Slug (Elemental · Guardian · Ghoul) (Aura) (Famous Slug) (Megamorph) · SlugSlingers (Gangs)|
|Species||Shadow Clan · Darkbane · Cave Trolls · Molenoids · Octoad · Human|
|Blasters||Accelerators · Fusion Blaster · Double Barrel (Fusion Shot)|
|Games||Slug It Out! · Battle For Slugterra · Secret of the Shadow Mines · Slug Run · SlugSlinger Duel · Dark Waters · Slug Life · Slug Wars · Guardian Force|
|Others||The 99 Caverns · Shane Hideout · Mecha-Beasts · The Eastern Caverns|
|Pages||Facebook · Youtube|