Tazerlings are blue Electricity element Slugs with antennae shaped like lightning bolts. They use electrical attacks. When overused, they have a tendency to backfire and electrocute their own slinger by sending out a jolt of electricity while still in their slug tube. However, Eli's frequent use of Joules suggests that this weakness can be overcome with training.
Its preferred habitat is Tusker Forks Cavern, the Cavern of Time and dry prairies and deserts with lots of storm activity. These common Slugs are empowered with the element of electricity. They are useful Slugs and can pair with rare types of slugs like the Infurnus. It's said that if you're having a bad day, you should rub the top of a Tazerling's head.
Tazerlings are small blue Slugs, with yellow highlights on them. Tazerlings have a strangely shaped pattern on their stomachs which are a lighter blue. On top of that, they have seed-like shapes of yellow. Like all Slugs, Tazerlings have short, stubby arms. They have big brown eyes, with yellow lightning bolts above them in an eyebrow scheme. They have what seems to be three teeth, two big teeth on the sides on the top, and a big tooth under and can fit in between the other two teeth.
In their megamorph protoform, Tazerlings sport a white streak-like pattern on their backs. In their megamorph velocimorph, they get lightning claws.
Eli wins his Tazerling, Joules, in a dueling competition from Shockwire. Eli later trades him for supplies. He feels guilty for his decision and tries to get it back. As it turns out, Joules is traded to Dr. Blakk. When Eli tries to get him back, Blakk tries to blackmail Eli with Joules but is shocked by him, allowing Eli to escape.
- Protoform Abilities - Makes a small jolt of electricity.
- Tazerbolt - Slug is surrounded by a ball of electrical arcs; gives a proximity zap.
- Tazercoil - Latches on to opponent and shocks them repeatedly on impact.
- Circuit Burst - Shot directly at equipment, short circuits blaster/mod parts.
- Tazerwing - Shoots lightning strike from its tazer horns, burning the target and the ground around it.
- Slugshield - Electric defense screen shock slugs shot through it.
- Quetzalbolt - Lightning storm, strafe, wind and arcing explosions.
The Tazerling is a highly effective and powerful combat slug, and one that is enormously useful to the strategic slinger.
Assuming that most of its fantastic attacks can only be used with lots of experience, it still has access to a basic hard hitting attack with electrical effect that is nonlethal. With more experience, it gains the ability to harm other slingers' blasters, making it a good slug to start an ambush with. This ability also makes it good for jobs where cameras and the like need to be out of the picture.
Eventually, it gains a more ranged attack letting it take on most close combat slugs like the Armashelt or Rammstone without ever being close enough to be hurt. After that, it gains a solid defensive ability, although this is a move restricted to slugs used very often.
Its final move, Quetzalbolt, makes it one of the strongest offensive slugs in Slugterra, with the power to hit multiple enemies and direct its lightning.
Its weaknesses include the fact that none of its attacks are physically destructive, meaning that shields put up by some slugs (ie. Geoshard) would be difficult for it to get around. Also, the fact that it can backfire and shock you is a risk and means no slinger should rely on it more than a few times in a duel. Possible slugs to beat it would include Geoshards for defense, other Tazerlings, Arachnets, and other ranged slugs with more experience.
- Novabolt: "Tazerling"+"Infurnus" - Forms an ionized plasma blast engulfed in flames.
- ElectroSpear: "Tazerling"+"Dirt Urchin" - Once the slugs start spinning, electrified needles are shot out.
- Closed Captioning often mistakenly spells Joules's name Jewels.
- A scarlet Tazerling with white lightning can be seen in "Roboslugs".
- Joules is one of Eli's slugs, second to Burpy.